Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 120 ml (½ cup) Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 680 g (1 ½ lbs) boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut in half (or turkey breasts)
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 700 ml (3 cups) low-sodium chicken broth
- 350 ml (1 ½ cups) uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crumbled saffron
- ½ pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 fresh littleneck clams, well rinsed and scrubbed
- 2 large tomatoes
- 240 ml (1 cup) frozen green peas, defrosted (or 1 lb. can of drained asparagus tips or artichoke hearts)
Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet and sauté chicken for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer chicken to a large ovenproof casserole.
Sauté garlic, green pepper, and onion over medium heat in remaining olive oil for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice, paprika, oregano, black pepper, and saffron. Bring to a boil again.
Pour rice mixture over chicken pieces in casserole. Cover and bake for 40 minutes.
Remove casserole from oven. Add shrimp, clams, tomatoes, and peas. Cover and return to oven for 15 minutes.