Chicken Kabobs with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 2 hours for marinating
Cook time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) boneless chicken breasts, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 6 metal skewers
In medium glass bowl or dish, whisk together olive oil, parsley, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken, zucchini and tomatoes; toss until lightly coated. Cover and let marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight.
Drain chicken and vegetables, reserving marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers alternatively, ending with cube of chicken.
Brush barbecue grid with olive oil. Grill kabobs, on covered grill, over hot coals turning frequently and brushing with reserved marinade. Cook the chicken until it is white in the center. Or, broil kabobs, 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning frequently and brushing with reserved marinade.
Beef top sirloin or top round steak can be substituted for the chicken.