Baked Oregano Chicken and Potatoes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Filippo Berio Olive Oil plus some for the baking pan
- 1/2 cup/2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 medium-large red- or white-skinned potatoes (1 kg/about 2 lbs), cut into ½ inch-thick slices
- 398 ml/14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 16 x 10-inch baking pan with oil.
In a shallow bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Dip both sides of the chicken and potato slices into the mixture. Shake off any excess. Arrange the chicken and potatoes in slightly overlapping rows in the pan. Sprinkle with the tomatoes and the remaining crumb mixture. Drizzle with the oil.
Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.