Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp Filippo Berio Pure Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 10 anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 375 ml can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 small can (375 ml) pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
Heat the olive oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan, over a medium heat. Add the garlic, anchovies and chillies and cook gently for about 3-4 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break up the anchovies.
Add the tomatoes, olives and capers and simmer the sauce for about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally until it is slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving 4 tbsp of the water from the pasta pan. Return the pasta to the pan with the reserved pasta water and mix in the sauce. Serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.