Southwestern Three-Bean Salad
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 2 hours for marinating
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium carrots – 3 cm (1/8”) thick
- 1 medium red onion – 3 cm (1/8”) thick
- 1 ear shucked corn
- ½ of 398 ml or 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ of 398 ml or 14 oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ of 398 ml or 14 oz red pinto (kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 3 tablespoon Filippo Berio Pure Olive Oil for brushing vegetables
- 4 tablespoon vinaigrette for arugula
- Remaining vinaigrette for beans and vegetables
Brush vegetables with olive oil. Grill carrots, corn, and onions on hot grill; when vegetables cool, dice carrots and onion, remove corn from ear. Combine beans and vegetables.
Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together and pour all but 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette over beans and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Chill, covered in refrigerator at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Pour remaining 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette over arugula and toss. Serve arugula over beans and vegetables.