Orzo Pasta with Shrimp
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 200 g/8 oz uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon Filippo Berio Olive Oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds raw small shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1-1/2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 g/2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente (tender but still firm). Drain and toss with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
Stir in pasta. Add tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.