Japanese Sesame Noodles
Preparation time: 20 to 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped ginger
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 tsp. Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. vermicelli
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup julienned English or Persian cucumber
- ½ cup julienned red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped salted dry- roasted peanuts Lime slices, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk in the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, and sesame oil until blended and smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the vermicelli and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Rinse the pasta with cold water and drain again.
3. Toss the pasta with the peanut sauce and loosen with some of the cooking water, if necessary. Arrange the pasta with the carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, and peanuts on a serving platter. Toss before serving with more Sriracha and lime slices.