Portuguese-Style Roasted Chicken
Preparation time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio California Extra Virgin Olive Oil/li>
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp kosher salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 lb yellow-fleshed potatoes, chopped
- 1 whole chicken, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, 2 tsp salt, garlic, chili powder, pepper and coriander; brush some of the mixture over bottom of 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes in baking pan in single layer; sprinkle with remaining salt.
Toss chicken with remaining olive oil mixture until completely coated, massaging mixture into chicken to cover all areas. Arrange skin side up over potatoes.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, and potatoes are tender and crisp around edges. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: Serve with prepared piri piri sauce for a spicy and authentic accompaniment.