Herbed Quinoa Salad
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen snap peas
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender but not mushy.
Drain off any remaining liquid from quinoa. Fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Spread in a thin layer on a large platter. Place in the freezer for five minutes, or until cooled.
Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl. Add the snap peas, goat cheese, parsley, tarragon and chives. Toss lightly to mix well.
In a cup combine the lemon juice and olive oil. Pour over the quinoa mixture and toss to mix well.