Couscous Salad with Walnuts & Dates
Preparation time: 18 min
- 1 box Mediterranean-style couscous
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2/3 cup pitted dates, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced chives
- 1 fresh mint sprig, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon and lime zest until combined. Add chickpeas, dates, feta cheese, chives and mint; mix well. Stir in tomato and walnuts. Set aside.
Fluff couscous with a fork until grains are separated; transfer to large serving bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over couscous, mixing well.