Tuna Niçoise Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) new potatoes, halved
- 1/3 lb. (5 oz.) fine green beans
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 can tuna steak in brine, drained
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 oz pitted black olives
For the dressing :
- 6 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoons superfine sugar
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 mins. or until tender. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Cook the beans in boiling water for 3 mins. or until just tender. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and slowly bring to the boil. Simmer for 6 mins., drain, rinse in cold water. Shell the eggs and cut into quarters.
Place the potatoes, beans and eggs together in a large salad bowl with the remaining ingredients.
To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to mix.