Spinach & Prosciutto Salad
Preparation time: 12-15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ingredients:For the salad :
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 6 small plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g (1/2 lb) of baby spinach leaves, washed and dried well
- 200 g/7 oz of baby fresh asparagus, blanched for two minutes and chilled
For the dressing :
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely shredded
- A little sugar to taste
For garnish :
- Parmesan shavings
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Put the prosciutto and tomatoes cut side up onto a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and season well. Cook for 25 minutes or until just soft.
Arrange the spinach and asparagus onto the serving plates and top with the tomatoes and prosciutto.
Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and season to taste. Pour over the salad just before serving.
To make the Parmesan shavings use a vegetable peeler or a thin-slicing cheese slice.