Simple Vegetable Medley
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower florets
- ¾ cup green beans, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Steam broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and carrots in a vegetable steamer 5 to 10 minutes, or cook covered in microwave with a little water until crisp-tender.
Transfer to large serving bowl. Add red pepper and mushrooms to bowl and toss to mix.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, scallions and thyme with a wire whisk. Drizzle over vegetables and serve.