Portobello Salad with Chipotle Portobello Vinaigrette
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 5 Portobello mushrooms (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves (picked and washed)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 crushed dried chipotle pepper or 1 canned chipotle pepper
- ½ Cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio Balsamic Vinegar
- 453 g (1 lb) baby greens or mesclun mix
- ½ cup walnut halves
Over a direct flame, lightly oil the 5 Portobello mushrooms and grill approx. 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown.
Take one Portobello mushroom and lightly chop. Add all other ingredients into food processor until well combined.
Place one portobello in middle of each plate. Toss greens with vinaigrette. Mound ¼ of greens onto each mushroom cap. Drizzle remaining balsamic vinaigrette around plate and garnish with walnut halves.