Pan-Seared Fish with Caper Lemon Dressing
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 5 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 6 oz. (170 g) fish fillets, such as halibut, mahi-mahi, or tilapia
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh chopped dill
Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Sprinkle fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Place fillets in hot pan and sear on both sides. Turn down heat, place lid on the pan and cook the fish for approximately 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the capers and lemon juice to a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of olive oil to form a dressing. Whisk in the chives, salt and pepper.
Place fish fillets on individual serving plates and top with lemon zest and fresh dill. Whisk the dressing once more, then serve over each fillet.