Mixed Roasted Vegetables Salad with Scamorza Cheese
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small eggplant, stemmed, cut into ½-inch-thick rounds and quartered
- 1 small cauliflower head, separated into 1-inch florets
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 spring onions, bulbs only, left whole
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 120 ml (½ cup) cubed scamorza or mozzarella cheese
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 3 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fine sea salt to taste
- Coarse black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp sugar
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar and set aside.
Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Toss the eggplant, cauliflower, peppers, garlic, and onions together in a large zip-lock bag with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet and roast them for 10 minutes, or just until the eggplant begins to soften and the cauliflower begins to brown. Turn the vegetables once during the cooking time.
Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes and cheese and gently toss everything with the dressing.
Transfer the vegetables to a serving platter. Serve at room temperature.
Adding canned chickpeas or cannellini beans boost the protein level in this salad.