Fruit and Nut Bars
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 115 g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 115 g (4 oz) porridge oats
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) Filippo Berio Mild & Light Olive Oil
- 115 g (4 oz) golden syrup
- 115 g (4 oz) soft light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 apple e.g. Granny Smith, peeled, cored and grated
- 115 g (4 oz) soft, dried apricots, chopped
- 50 g (2 oz) flaked almonds
Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease 28 cm x 18 cm baking pan and line with baking parchment. Place the flour and oats into a large bowl and stir together.
Put the olive oil, syrup, and sugar into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
Pour onto the dry ingredients and add the milk and egg at the same time and mix well. Stir in the apples and apricots and half of the almonds. Turn into the prepared pan, level the surface and scatter over the remaining almonds.
Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Leave to cool before cutting into 16-18 bars.